Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Rotation Experience


I’m Allie, a third year pharmacy student at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy. This semester I was assigned to do my Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) at Advanced Family Medicine located in Clinton, South Carolina. In your third year, you will stay at a rotation site for 8 hours one day a week for 6 weeks. During my time here, I have interviewed patients, answered drug information questions prompted by our resident MD, and dealt with insurance and pharmacies from the perspective of a primary care physician. It is great rotations like this that allow us as students to develop counseling skills, practice taking the initiative, and develop our interprofessional skills. I hope you decide to apply at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy, so that you will also experience the same individual and professional growth that I have relished.

Allie
P3 - Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment