Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Community Service


Hey y’all! I’m Amber and I’m originally from Swannanoa NC, I have my BS in Anthropology from Western Carolina University, and I’m a P3 here at Presbyterian! At this point, I’m about three years into my time here at PCSP and things are going great! Here at PC our motto is “While we live, we serve” and I am so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to not only attend pharmacy school, but also to serve my community while doing so. I currently serve as the treasurer for an organization called CPFI, and through this organization I have had the opportunity to serve so many Clinton residents. Twice a year we go to a local church and provide health screenings in different topics such as stroke prevention, blood pressure awareness, and blood glucose testing. We also have an event coming up next week to go do some volunteering at the Laurens Hospice house. It’s been great to be able to say a small thank you to the Clinton residents for all of their hospitality in my three years here.   Here at PCSP we have many different organizations that all do really great things and make pharmacy school more fun. All of these different organizations and activities I personally have participated in have taught me things about myself and about how to become the person and pharmacist I want to be.

Amber
P3 - Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment