Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Friends for Life


Coming in to pharmacy school I knew that it was going to change my life in the career aspect, but I had no idea how much my life would change overall. This will be my third and final year at PC in the sense of going to class with the same people everyday. Those people that I met on the very first day of orientation have become four of my best friends. I started pharmacy school nervous and not knowing what to expect, but the first day when I met Shanna, Allie, Jenny and Caleb I knew it was going to be ok; little did I know these four would become my confidants, my support team, my stress relievers, and have parts in my wedding. I’m a firm believer that you have to have people in your life that know the stress you’re under and what you’re going through, I think it’s critical in having a successful pharmacy school career. When you go to school everyday and you always have a test or a quiz or a project it’s very easy to forget that you need a break from it, whether it be a quick dinner or a fall break trip.  You have to have a break or you’ll get burnt out very quickly. Having people that have the same things going on and understand your lifestyle makes it much easier to have those dinners and trips. Everybody always talks about stress and time management but you also have to make time for fun and friends, and I’m so thankful I met mine in pharmacy school. So my advice for starting pharmacy school is to meet people and form bonds that you can have not only for pharmacy school but also for life.

Amber

P3 – Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment