Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Get Involved - Time Management Skills are a Must!


Hey y’all! I’m Amber, and I’m originally from Swannanoa NC.  I have my BS in Anthropology from Western Carolina University, and I’m a P1 here at PCSP!  At this point I’m about a month into my first year here at PCSP and things are going great!  The start of the school year was a little rough; as it is every year, but now that we are into the swing of things, everything is getting easier.  

I did a lot in my undergraduate career at WCU.  I was in a ton of different organizations such as: Alpha Chi Omega sorority, Pi Gamma Mu, Order of Omega, Pre-Professional Health Club, Dance Marathon Core Committee, and even a few others.  While all of these made my undergrad career more fun, they have also helped me in ways I would have never expected.  

One of the main things I learned out of being a member in all these was the fact that time management is the key to being successful, and that plays a huge role in the lives of every pharmacy school student, not just me.  You have to be able to prioritize and determine what needs to be done when and exactly how it needs to be done.  Another thing they taught me was organization.  With all the different classes and labs we have, organization is a must - I’m lost without my day planner.

 Another big thing that all of these organizations helped me with was my passion for serving others. Here at PC, our motto is “While we live, we serve”, and I am so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to not only attend pharmacy school but also to serve my community while doing so.  All of these different organizations and activities I participated in as an undergrad taught me things about myself and about how to become the person and pharmacist I want to be.

2 comments:

  1. It’s good to know that with the help of these organizations, you really discovered your passion of helping other people. Often, organizations like these serve as your way to find your true purpose. ;)

    Jeremiah Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good time management is more essential to overcome the pressures of modern life without experiencing too much stress. Our common mistake is trying to remember too many tasks and details.

    A better to stay organized and take control of our projects and tasks is to use a task management and time recording software ( http://www.replicon.com/olp/online-time-recording-software.aspx ). Keeping a list will helps to manage our priorities and timings.

    ReplyDelete