Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Finding Time for FUN!


I’m not going to lie to you, pharmacy school is hard.  Not all the time, not even every day, but at its core, pharmacy school is definitely hard.   The coursework is more difficult, the pace is faster, and the stress level is higher.  At this point, you may be wondering why I’m saying this to you.  I don’t do it to scare you, and I don’t want it to discourage you; however, I want to make you aware.   At some level you probably already know that going to pharmacy school is going to be hard, but you really have no idea what’s in store for you until you’re there. 

Everyone’s experience in pharmacy school is different.  For some, it will be the hardest thing they will do, and for others, it will be a little more difficult than their undergraduate experience.  Some will have more of a life outside of school while other’s whole life for 4 years will be only pharmacy school.  What your experience will be like is up to you.  My current class schedule has me taking almost a test a week, but that doesn’t mean that all I do is study (even though it sometimes feels like that).  I’m involved in several organizations, and I find time to do fun things through them and with my friends.  For me it’s important to not always be dwelling on school work.  Clinton is in a great location for driving to other locations like Greenville, Spartanburg, and Columbia which are full of fun things to get into.  You can start working on making time for fun now so that when you get to pharmacy school you’ll know how important it is to you.  To me making time for fun can sometimes be just as important as studying (don’t tell my professors)!  Oh by the way, my name is Cortney, and I’m a P3.

FUN things to do:  The Zoo (both Columbia and Greenville have one), Greenville Drive Games, Downtown Greenville/Columbia, Shopping, Antiquing, Musgrove Mill State Park (this is in Clinton!), Falls Park, Movies (Laurens has a cute little theater downtown), Concerts, BMW Plant (on Fridays you can schedule a tour to see how they make their cars!), Clinton Parades (trust me on this one), BLUE HOSE sports events, and so much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment