Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Clinton Residency

Living in Clinton, SC is an experience that every pharmacy student should have!  I appreciate where I come from, but then I appreciate the cute little town that Clinton has to offer and the unity displayed every day.  Coming from a much bigger town, “BIG” Greenville, I can say that moving here was a lot different. Deciding to move from Greenville to Clinton was not a hard decision for me. Even though the traveling distance from my home in Greenville to Clinton is only 45 minutes one way, I knew that in my heart of hearts that I was not a morning person. Being close to the school provided me with less pressure of worrying about waking up early in the morning to get to 8:30 classes on-time! Also, deciding to reside in a smaller town was a benefit for me because that meant I would have less time to shop, dine-out, or go to the movies. The only place to shop in Clinton is online; however they do have cute little boutiques in the town square. So, if I did buy something from the boutiques, there was a slim chance to none that no one else would have the same outfit on the same day.  The closest place to dining out at a well-known restaurant is Fatz’s.  You can have Fatz’s undoubtedly 60 times in a month and then after that you have to cook at home. So, I was able to save money and also become a better cook.  These are just some of the perks of living in Clinton, SC!  On the contrary, I think that the most important perk about living in Clinton is the unity.  If you have ever watched the Lifetime movies or the Hallmark movies then you are in luck! If not, do not worry because you will experience your own Lifetime or Hallmark movie living in Clinton. My first couple weeks that I started residing in Clinton, I would get warm hellos and lovely people in the community conversing with me and wishing me good luck during my years of pharmacy school.  The community seemed blissful that we were here and thankful that we were also providing our services to better enhance the community.  I felt like I belonged here and that made me feel good and like I was in the right place for all the right reasons.  Then I cannot forget about the little town here called “The Square”.  “The Square” does not exist in any other town I have ever visited or resided in but here.  “The Square” or the little downtown area of Clinton is so quaint and cute. In “The Square” you will find two of the best local restaurants that will cause you to gain some love handles but be a benefit to your soul, called Jitters and Steamers.  Once you swing by these two spots, you will be asleep about a half hour later.  Last but not least, every year the town of Clinton gathers together on the first Thursday in December. They all gather up and become Christmas carolers, enjoy horse-drawn carriage rides, drink numerous cups of hot cocoa, and then at a certain time in the evening they have a countdown to lighting up of the town and street Christmas lights and décor!

Residing in Clinton, SC was not a requirement, but making the decision to reside here is the best decision I have made. In all reality, passing my classes have never been easier, thanks to Clinton! So give it try and experience the warm community, hassle-free parking, lots of waves and smiles, and a sense of being a part of a real community.

Sienna
P3 - Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment