Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Should I Go to a National Convention?


The answer is yes!  This year I went to the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) National Convention, in Austin, Texas, October 18th-22nd.  It was the best decision I could have made.  Going to a national convention is a great way to represent your school.  By presenting a poster or participating in a national competition, you are able to network with other professionals, as well as grow personally and professionally.  Attending a national convention is a great way to learn.  There were several group sessions that one could go to; the sessions I attended were Drug Abuse, Alternative Medicine, and Education Adherence, which are all so important within the pharmacy profession.  I was able to go to a Meet & Mingle with women and was able to receive several business cards to contact them if I ever needed anything.  If you are ever in doubt of going on a convention, just think of all the great things you have to gain.

Paige
P3 - Class of 2016 

No comments:

Post a Comment