Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Getting the Sense You Belong, and This is Home


Everyone longs for that one moment when every ounce of worry and hesitation about which school to choose disappears.  I've been lucky enough to have that exact moment, twice actually.  When I headed back towards home from my interview two years ago at PCSP, I couldn't help but reminisce on the familiar feeling that I felt prior to undergrad.  This feeling is the feeling of knowing where you belong and excitement of beginning the journey.


I am Ginnie, a P2 at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy.  I am from just up the road in Asheville, North Carolina.  Although it doesn't feel as if nearly two years have passed since I felt this feeling, I am still, if not more, confident in my gut feeling from PC!  I’m sure that you have heard similar statements from other PC students, but there is no better way to express the feeling that everyone at PC gave me after my interview.  Compared to other interviews, other interactions with faculty, staff, as well as students, no one seemed as compassionate and genuine as everyone at PC.

As a current student, I think that PC continues to impress me with everything from the faculty dedication to the school wide motto of “while we live we serve”.  At PC, we are continuously working towards doing our best to help various organizations within the community.  Just to name a few, we have worked on a week long fund raising event to raise money for heart health month that ended in a red heart gala in support of heart heath, educated the community on antibiotic usage, and are in the process of planning a week long event to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House with everything from a corn hole tournament, chili cook-off, to a yard sale.

I believe that the conglomeration of stellar faculty, an excellent approach to teaching us pharmaceutical skills, a common goal of giving back to the community, and spreading our knowledge help to create the complete PC environment.  I am proud to be able to continue to represent PC as a student and embrace the culture.  I cannot imagine finding a school that made me feel as welcome as PC, and I continue to feel that warmth day by day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment