Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Clinton, SC




When I was offered a seat at PCSP, I was ecstatic. I knew that I had a lot of big changes to look forward to.  First of all, I have never lived on my own.  Once you are accepted to PCSP, you are invited to join a housing group.  The housing group lists local houses and apartments for students to rent.  It was very helpful, and I was able to find a reasonable 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house.  Most of the listings are in Clinton, but there are some listed in Laurens and the surrounding area.  The group also lists students looking for roommates.  

Once I was moved in, I was a little hesitant to see what Clinton offered.  Most people talked about going to Greenville or Columbia if you wanted to do fun things, but they are missing out!  Downtown Clinton has so much to offer.  I have tried two restaurants so far and they are delicious.  At Steamers, I recommend the chicken salad sandwich or the crab cake sandwich!  If you go next door to Jitter’s Café, you have to try the BLT croissant with a strawberry smoothie!  If you’re in the mood for shopping, definitely stop by the Sunshine City boutique.  The best part is they have a lot of PC gear to purchase.  If you need to pick up an up-scale gift for your dad, boyfriend, or uncle you should go to Adair’s Men Shop.  They carry Southern Tide and have Carolina and Clemson gear.  

Although the shops and restaurants are great, the people of Clinton are what really make it special.  They love meeting pharmacy students!  They will ask about your classes, where you are from, and they always share tips on where to get the best sweet tea or random fun facts about the town.  I love living here.  There is always a festival or parade happening in the town square or a PC game to attend.  Although going to Greenville or other big cities are fine, I suggest trying out Clinton and all the wonderful things it has to offer.

Alex, P1 student 

No comments:

Post a Comment