Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Third Year Competency Exam


As P3’s we are required to take the third year competency exam before we can move on to our P4 year and rotations. This is a way that we can show the knowledge and skills that we have accumulated over the past three years, and the professors can assess our competence for moving forward as practitioners. The TYCE is a three hour exam consisting of multiple hands-on sections, such as counseling and performing calculations. It is administered twice in one day, with a morning session and an afternoon session, and students are assigned a time to be there (either 9 am or 1 pm). This year, the TYCE will take place on Tuesday, April 7th.  I will be honest with you and say that I am a little nervous as we are about to go into the exam, but I hope that the things that I have learned over the past three years will “kick in” as I perform each section. As nerve-wracking as it is, I am glad that we are tested before moving on to rotations, as we will need to be able to perform these skills on a day-to-day basis. Wish us luck!

Jenny
P3 - Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment