Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Friday, April 17, 2015

End of the Year Picnic


Every year we have a “Welcome Back” picnic and at the end of the year we have an “End of Year (EOY) Picnic”.  It is very important to attend both of these events because as a newcomer or a person leaving, networking and touching bases with your future co-workers is important.

My first year attending the picnic was very significant for me. Beginning pharmacy school was an overwhelming process for me. Being able to meet current students already in the program helped to ease my worries a little into starting my first couple of months.  Conversing with some of the students gave me an idea of what to expect and how to approach my beginning stages of pharmacy school. Not only was it effective to know more about the program that I was beginning to start, but as a P3 I am still friends with current and former students. One day soon I will be graduating from pharmacy school, being able to create relationships are important for networking and a possible opportunity to expand my career options.

The EOY picnic is definitely a much less overwhelming process because not only have I made it through the first year of pharmacy school, but it is close to summer break!  Spending time with classmates in school every day is different than hanging out with classmates outside of the school setting.  It is very important to create those relationships and friendships not only in a professional setting but in a personal setting.  These relationships that can be created can take you a long way in your journey as a future pharmacist professionally and personally.  So my advice is to have a great time and attend the picnics and other events, especially the EOY picnic, you never know where the road might lead you.

Sienna
P3 - Class of 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment