Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Commuting: It’s Not So Bad!


 
For those of you that do not want to live in Clinton, there are several of us that commute from the surrounding locations, such as Columbia, Greenwood and the Greenville/ Simpsonville area. I was hesitant when I began PCSP about the thought of commuting, thinking that it would take too much time away from studying, that I would have to wake up earlier, etc. While these things are technically true, I have been pleasantly surprised at what the commute has done for me. One, I have made great friends through commuting, whom I probably would not have become friends with otherwise. Secondly, our carpool is a great forum where we can bounce the new material that we have learned off of each other on the way to and from school. And lastly, we have a great final study session on the way to school on exam days- there have been many test questions that I have been able to answer simply by working through concepts with my carpool! Others I have talked to also make the most of their commute- setting aside that time for phone calls, listening to class recordings in the car, or simply taking a moment to relax and de-stress from the day. I have grown to love my drive to and from Clinton, and I know that many others feel the same way. So if living in Clinton is not in the cards for you, don’t worry- commuting has its own set of benefits too!
Written by Jenny, P2 Student

No comments:

Post a Comment