Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting Through the Interview

Hey guys! I’m Jonny Clay, a P2 here at PCSP.  I know interviews are going on right now, and I just wanted to give you guys a few tips to get through this process.

First and most importantly, be yourself.  I cannot stress enough how important this is.  The interviewers are not there to grill you or to make you doubt yourself.  There are simply there to evaluate how you will mesh with the program and how good a fit the program is for you.  So, don’t be nervous.  Relax.  It will be a friendly, pleasant experience, I promise. 

Second, we’ll be watching you.  Okay, don’t freak out.  The current students for PCSP will be around that day, and the purpose is not to intimidate, but to be available for you to approach us and present questions about topics YOU care about to people like YOU.  Let’s face it, El Jalisco (got your interest?) and Trivia Nights may not be high on the discussion board during your interview process, but the point still stands that you will want to know what your social options are once you get here. 

Finally, take the time to get to know the town.  If you do join us here at PCSP, it means you’re going to spend the next 4 years of your life in small-town Clinton, SC.  Yes, Clinton is a small town. Yes, entertainment options may be limited.  I’ve been in Clinton for going on 5 years now.  I did my undergraduate work at the main campus.  I love it here.  It’s a homely place.  If that is not enough for you, Spartanburg is only 25 minutes up I-26, and Greenville is a hop, skip, and a jump down 385.  You’ll have plenty to keep you busy, plenty of good people to know and enjoy, and one of the best pharmacy educations in the country to boot.  What more could you want?

I hope your interviews go well, and look forward to meeting you guys in the Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment