Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Why I am so glad I chose PCSP!


My name is Lindsey, and I am a P2 at PCSP.  Even though it is not the easiest thing I have ever done, PCSP is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.  It is a great school with good morals, innovative ideas, professors, and a family atmosphere.  We have great access to the professors here as opposed to other schools where you have to watch them through a television or computer.  The professors try to get to know each of us and welcome the students to their office anytime to help the students.  They create an open environment where we can all become a family.  Even within the students, we have created a family.  We play intramural sports, go to dinners, support each other, and make the most out of our time here in pharmacy school.

In the amount of time I have been here, I have learned so much about the career of pharmacy and where it will take me.  I never realized all of the different paths and options available to me.  PCSP really helps the students out with this.  I have already begun to learn about the different fields of pharmacy during rotations.  Doing rotations during the semester may seem like a lot, but it is worth it.  We are able to see what we are learning in class be applied to the real world of pharmacy.  I can go to Measuring Therapeutic Parameters or Pharmacokinetics one day and then the next I am in the hospital seeing what we just learned put in action. It all works together so well.

I am still able to work at my retail pharmacy job on the weekends and have time to relax and spend time with family and friends.  I volunteer with the animal shelters, school, and other organizations throughout the year.  Pharmacy school is a ton of studying and learning, but it also so much more than that.  PCSP is not only preparing me to be a better pharmacist, but a better person all around.  I am so glad I chose PCSP and have never regretted it.  I have done so much in a year and a half, I cannot wait to see what else is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment