Welcome to the Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy blog!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

RX 101: Surviving the First Semester of Pharmacy School


Hi my name is Paige, and I am a P1 here at PCSP.  It’s hard to believe that this semester is already over; it seems like just yesterday I was sitting in orientation.  How did I get through this semester?  STUDYING!!!   This was very hard for me, because I am not use to studying, but if you stay ahead and study a little a day it will pay off.  Learn what works best for you.

Studying is very important, but you must get involved as well.  I am very involved at PCSP - I am honored to be a Student Ambassador, the P1 Class Liaison, and a member of National Community Pharmacists Association.  Being a part of the school gives you an opportunity to get to know your classmates, the other classes, as well as your professors. 

Last but not least, time management.  Pharmacy school is NOTHING like undergrad.  It is very demanding of you.  No more cramming a few notes a few hours before.  You know when your tests are so use your time wisely.  Study, get involved, and manage your time; and you will get through pharmacy school just fine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment